The Honors Program at Northeastern State University is a challenging educational option for academically talented students who enjoy learning. Honor students work with distinguished faculty members and peers in enhanced courses, pursue independent research, and participate in co-curricular cultural experiences.
Benefits of being an Honors Student include academic scholarships through the Academic Scholars Program, Baccalaureate Scholars Program, or selected Collegiate Scholars, special Honors courses, priority enrollment, enrichment activities, cultural events, field trips, faculty mentorship on individual research projects, Honors Scholar recognition at graduation, and designation on your diploma.
For additional information, contact the director of the Honors Program at 918-444-2226, or see the Honors Program website.
Incoming Freshmen must:
- Have ACT composite of 30 or higher with high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Have ACT composite of 29 with high school GPA of 3.65 or higher.
- Have ACT composite of 28 with high school GPA of 3.8 or higher.
- Have high school class ranking within upper 10%.
- Submit a written essay to be read by the Honors Council.
- Be approved for admission to NSU.
Transfer or other NSU students must:
- Apply to the Honors Council. Contact the director of the Honors Program at 918-444-2226.