The Executive Council provides an important venue to share information that enhances the role of the Cabinet and allows for a comprehensive view of institutional needs.
This extended group includes:
- Special Assistant to the President
- Athletic Director
- Foundation-Executive Director
- Faculty Council President
- Staff Council Chair
- Director of Public Safety
- President of the Northeastern Student Government Association (NSGA)
Formal minutes of Cabinet and Executive Council meetings are not kept. However, meeting notes are produced and posted so that the university community can access and read them. The decorum for Cabinet and Executive Council meetings favors informality with the intent of eliciting candor, open discussion, information-sharing, and facilitating team-work, and consensus-building.