Northeastern State University Student Health Services is committed to promoting the student’s physical, emotional, and behavioral success by providing high quality affordable health care. We are dedicated to providing innovative programs to increase student knowledge and practice of healthy behavior through awareness and prevention.
Services are available to currently enrolled full-time and part-time NSU students. Non emergency treatment of illnesses and minor injuries are provided by the Family Nurse Practitioner.
NSU Student Health Services offers care for all your general health needs. This includes:
- Evaluation, initial treatment and follow-up care for acute injuries and illness.
- Coordination of outside care and referrals.
- Screening and preventive health services.
- Evaluation, treatment and counseling for sexual and reproductive health concerns, including sexually transmissible infections.
- Pre-participation athletic, employment and travel physical exams.
- Well Woman Exams.
- Contraceptive (birth control) counseling.
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling.
- Sexual health counseling.
- Allergy shots.
If you are already on a desensitization program, you may deliver your vaccine to the nursing staff at the Student Health Services along with a written schedule signed by the prescribing physician that details content, frequency, and route of injection. Allergy injections are provided for a minimal fee. They are performed daily by appointment by the Nurse Practitioner.
Meningitis Responce Form
Consent for Release of Confidential Information