Anyone who is a student or employee of Northeastern State University, or Tahlequah area community member can participate. Sign up with a group or as an individual. It is important that participants signed up to participate in The Big Event fulfill their commitment. Community service jobs are pre-assigned to groups prior to The Big Event.
If any adjustments need to be made, please call the Office of Student Activities at 918-444-2526 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and turn in a Volunteer Participation Form (pdf) and an Assumption of Risk Form (pdf).
- Attend one of the informational meetings in the Webb Auditorium. (At least one member from each group/organization, and all participants signing up individually must attend one of these mandatory informational meetings.)
- Maintain a positive attitude and express a willingness to say, “Thank you, Tahlequah!”
Participation Form Instructions
The Big Event requires:
- A primary contact
- Jobsite leader for every nine participants
- Participant list broken into groups of 10
The primary contact serves as an information leader to the group, organization or athletic team. This person may also serve as a jobsite leader. The primary contact is required to attend one of The Big Event mandatory meetings.
The jobsite leader serves as the secondary contact, prior to The Big Event and as a primary contact during The Big Event check-in and at the jobsite. The jobsite leader may be responsible for a specific jobsite. The jobsite leader is required to attend one of The Big Event mandatory meetings.
The Big Event Mandatory meeting will provide detailed information on role and responsibilities during the Big Event. Please contact The Big Event committee chairs at email@example.com or 918-444-2526.
Address: NSU Office of Student Activities - The Big Event
612 N. Grand Avenue
University Center Room B01
Tahlequah, OK 74464-2399
Further instructions will follow via a confirmation phone call by directors and attendance at the informational meeting.