- Apply for admission to NSU.
- Complete and submit VA application for educational benefits. If you have already applied and/or received education benefits you may skip this step. A new application may be required if you are changing benefit programs.
- Visit the NSU Office of Student Financial Services.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor for assistance with course and degree requirements, scheduling classes, course loads and dual or consortium enrollment (enrolled at NSU and another school).
- Complete the NSU VA Information Sheet online.
- Submit all supporting documents (see below) to Veteran's Services, CASE Building Room 214, firstname.lastname@example.org or Student Services, Bldg. A Room 211 on the NSU Broken Arrow Campus or at the NSU Muskogee Campus.
- Report all enrollment changes to NSU Veteran's Services, email@example.com.
H ED 1113 Personal Health and 3 hours of Physical Education may be awarded for 1 year of continuous active service documented on a DD214.
Military transcripts will also be evaluated for possible NSU course credit.
Supporting Documents for Processing
- Chapter 30-DD214 and all military transcripts
- Chapter 31-Form 1905 from VA Voc Rehab Counselor, DD214 and military transcripts
- Chapter 33-DD214 and all military transcripts
- Chapter 35-VA File number from qualifying family member
- Chapter 1606-Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) from your unit and DD214
- Chapter 1607-DD214 and all military transcripts
NOTE: Chapters 30, 1606, and 1607 must verify enrollment monthly (the last day of every month) to the Department of Veteran Affairs in order to receive payment. Call 1-877-823-2378 or visit Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) for more information.