Common Holds

Holds can be viewed through goNSU by selecting "Registration Status" under the Registration Tools section of the Student tab.  If you do have holds on your account, "View Holds" will show the status of your holds and what they affect.

The Originator tells you who placed the hold on your record as well as a contact number to call for clarification. Not all holds prohibit enrollment in courses.

If you have a hold on your account, you must contact the associated department for clarification and to resolve the hold.

Common Holds Affecting Registration

  • Admissions and Records
  • Academic Advisor
  • Financial Administrative Hold Registration
  • New Student Enrollment
  • Over 24 Hours with Deficiency
  • Probation
  • Student Affairs
  • University Advisor