Transfer FAQs

Does an associate's degree satisfy basic requirements at NSU?

For students who have attained an Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree from a public institution in Oklahoma, NSU waives any general education requirements that they may be lacking. The exception to this is if the student lacks a general education requirement that is also a requirement for the student's major. Those courses must be taken to meet major requirements.

What is the minimum number of hours needed for a transfer student to graduate with a bachelor's degree from NSU?

Provided you meet all other graduation requirements, you need at least 18 hours or fifty percent of the major, whichever is greater, from NSU and a minimum of 30 hours at NSU to receive your bachelor's degree from Northeastern State University.