This project is a renovation and addition to the Market Café dining hall located on the first floor of the University Center. Work will include additional dining venues, inviting architecture, and an open flowing floor plan.
Scope of Project
- Replacing the central beverage station with two stations on the east and west walls to reduce congestion in the middle of the dining area.
- The addition of the two kitchen venues: Tuscan Grill and American Bistro Grill.
- Location of the new grills on the north end of the building on the east and west walls.
- Addition of 92 seats by enclosing the existing north patio and another 104 seats by constructing a new exterior
Need for Project
- Provide more dining options for students, faculty, staff, and guest on campus
- Increase the capacity of seats for the main dining hall
- Construction Completion: 10/15/2012
- Total Project cost is $1.5 million dollars
This café improvement will add more variety to the dining options on campus as well as develop a comfortable and inviting space for students, faculty and staff to enjoy.