Construction of multipurpose event center designed to host concerts, basketball, volleyball, conferences, lectures, performances, trade shows and other large venues. Project is located on the corner of North Street and Grand Avenue in Tahlequah, Okla., and is due south of Doc Wadley Stadium.
- Construction of a 78,200-square foot multipurpose event center.
- Construction includes the site work that will connect the existing football stadium to the new event center site for improved parking at both venues.
- Event Center floor includes:
- Retractable seating
- NCAA regulation volleyball court
- NCAA regulation basketball court
- Athletic administration offices.
- Support infrastructure for games, tournaments and a variety of events.
- Multiple concession areas.
- Team store for apparel and fan supplies.
Need for Project
- University needs expanded and updated space for athletic and performance events on campus. Seating capacity is limited in the existing venues on campus.
- Expanded indoor space for commencement events.
- Conference/convention space is needed by the community.
- Construction to begin: Summer 2012
- Estimated completion: Fall 2013
- Safe access to comfortable student athletic/activity center.
- Enhanced community conference/convention space.
- Expanded parking for soccer, football, basketball and volleyball athletic events.
- Expanded parking and seating for commencement and other large events.
- Attractive venue to host both high school and collegiate athletic tournaments, camps and other sports-related activities.
- Construction will employ hundreds of workers around the region, stimulating the local/regional economy.