This project includes the construction of a new semi-suite housing
unit and renovation of two existing units, Wyly Hall and Leoser Hall.
Scope of Project
- Construction of new 80,908-square foot, 344 bed semi-suite unit.
- New construction will be located at the northeast corner of Lewis Street
and Garrison Avenue.
- The building is four-story brick, stone and painted siding.
- The design emulates the Georgian architecture of
Haskell, Wilson Hall and Bagley Halls.
- Renovation of Wyly Hall will include the exterior shell and interior
spaces including lobbies, lounges, restrooms and individual student
- Wyly Hall includes 134 traditional residence hall living space
within 26,452 square feet.
- In addition to the surface renovations, the mechanical systems will be updated to more energy efficient
- Leoser Hall renovations will focus on mechanical equipment and spaces
that deliver heating, cooling and hot water to the approximately 600
Need for Project
- Replacement of existing housing units that meet the needs and living
style of today's students.
- The new construction will afford students
privacy and living spaces that feel more like home.
- The renovation of the existing units will update and refresh not only the interior and
exterior surfaces, but will address energy efficiency and mechanical
- This new construction project will be the first new housing project in
over 13 years; the last construction project was the Seminary Suites
- Construction to begin: May/June 2014
- Completion: Fall 2015
- Total project cost: $15,000,000
- New Construction: $12,000,000 (estimated)
- Renovation: $3,000,000 (estimated)
- State of Oklahoma Master Lease Program
- New and renovated housing units to improve student life on campus
- New lounge, study, laundry and community spaces for students to socialize
- Energy-efficient design to lower the impact of utility usage.
- HVAC system design will allow students more control of individual room
- Tankless hot water heaters will supply students with endless supply of hot water.