The NSU Career Counselors will help you examine your interests, values, abilities and personality to find a major and/or profession that best suits you. Students who have yet to choose a career or are unhappy with their choice will find it helpful to meet with a Career Counselor. The Career Counselors also provide assistance with all of your job searching tools, documents and expectations.
Students are encouraged to take the FOCUS Assessment as a freshman in correlation with the University Strategies class to help them determine a major field of study. Transfer students are encouraged to take the assessment once enrolled at NSU. All students and alumni may access their FOCUS accounts to find "What Can I Do With My Major..."
Career Services has joined forces with MyMajors to bring you a new online, self-guided, interactive program designed to help you select the right college major and plan your career based on your personal interests, values, skills, personality, and aspirations.
Visit NSUOK.MyMajors.com to take the free assessment.
First Time users read through the information below:
1. To create a new user account, you will need to log-in using your email address. Be sure to remember your personal username and password (Career Services will not have it).
2. Complete as much of the academic information as you can, but know that you can skip any questions you don’t have answers to.
3. Answer each question to the best of your ability, and remember to BE HONEST!
4. When finished, make an appointment with Career Services at HireNSUgrads.com, by calling 918-444-3110, or emailing email@example.com.
If you have any questions about MyMajors, please contact NSU Career Services by phone at 918-444-3110, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to discussing your results with you!
StrengthsQuest access codes allow students and alumni to complete the CliftonStrengths assessment, discover your top five strengths and use them to achieve academic, career and personal success. Career Services does not collect fees for codes; students and alumni will purchase codes individually.
- Benefits of Career Assessment?
1. Determines possible career paths.
2. Gains information based upon interests and identifies a major or career path.
3. Identifies a clear understanding of your personal values so you will be able to effectively convey that information to a potential employer and use it to assist you in your decision making process.
4. Familiarizes your strengths and weaknesses, allowing you to articulate the unique characteristics that sets you apart from others applying for the same job.