Give back. At Northeastern State University community engagement opportunities bring student organizations, student leaders and student volunteers together for a common purpose. Our opportunities include annual service days, special events, the RiverHawk Food Pantry and partnering with the greater Tahlequah and Broken Arrow community. Involvement in these programs allows students to enrich their academic and social experiences at NSU.
What Are You Waiting For? Get Involved!
- 9/11 Day of Service
- Each year NSU students come together on or near September 11th to serve on campus.
- MLK Day of Service
- Since classes are canceled on MLK Day, students will show up to serve in the Tahlequah community that day and reflect on the importance of serving and learn from the example that Martin Luther King Jr. set.
- Big Event
- Big Event is NSU's largest day of community service. It is planned and created by students for students. It is held on a Saturday in the spring semester. After serving in the community all students who attend and invited to the Big Bash to celebrate what was accomplished that day.
- Rowdy's Resource Room
- Rowdy's Resource Room is located in the Loeser housing building and is free for all NSU students to utilize. There is a variety of canned foods.
- Campus and Community Volunteer Opportunities
- There are a variety of community engagement opportunities that happen throughout the year in Tahlequah and Broken Arrow. These opportunities are always listed on volunteerlocal.com and you can sign up by clicking on Volunteer Now.
- Service Hour Guidelines
- Community engagement opportunites bring student organizations, student leaders, and student volunteers together for a common purpose. Involvement in community engagement programs allows students to enrich their academic and social experiences at NSU. In order to ensure students are completing meaningful and impactful service, we have implemented the following guidelines. To find opportunities already approved for service.
Why Get Involved?
- Meet new people and make friends
- Students who are involved on campus are more likely to graduate
- Learn valuable leadership and social skills
- Connect with faculty and staff
- Make a difference at NSU
- Gain skills transferable to the job market
- Create college memories