Student Jobs

Work-Study, Institutional, Job Location and Development (off campus), and Graduate Assistant positions are available. You can view job listings with the links below or contact us for a complete listing of current job openings. All student employment at Northeastern State University is coordinated through Student Financial Services. Note: NSU encourages all students to participate in community service activities.


To add/remove/update a listing contact Laurie Galbraith, Student Employment Specialist at

On Campus Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study program allows undergraduate and graduate students with financial need to work part-time on or off campus to earn money to help pay for educational expenses. The program encourages on-campus work related to your course of study and a flexible work schedule. If awarded work-study, you may work up to 13 hours a week, depending on your class schedule and academic progress. Work-study earnings are at least minimum wage. To apply for work-study, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and indicate your interest in work-study.

On Campus Institutional

Institutional employment assists undergraduate and graduate students in finding part-time employment on campus. Average hours are 15 to 20 per week at minimum wage. The Office of Student Financial Services will post job opportunities and assist you in finding a part-time job on campus that will work around your class schedule. All jobs pay at least minimum wage, and you do not have to be on financial aid to apply.

Off-Campus Job Location and Development (JLD)

The Job Location and Development (JLD) Program allows area businesses and individuals to hire NSU students. Student Financial Services will post job opportunities and assist you in finding the right part-time job. All jobs pay at least minimum wage. You do not have to be on financial aid to qualify for this program.

Graduate Assistant

A Graduate Assistant is a graduate student working at a position related to their discipline through the Graduate College. These positions are different from a graduate student working on campus under an Institutional or Work-Study Agreement.