Proposals are routed and approved within the University using the Northeastern State University Routing Form and Matching Funds Form.
- Once a grant opportunity has been identified the Principal Investigator (PI) should contact the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (RASP) to confirm eligibility and establish a working timeline of the draft proposal. Once the PI has developed a rough draft of the proposal, the draft MUST be submitted to RASP no later than 10 business days prior to the deadline of the grant solicitation. This time is necessary for RASP to confer with the PI in making necessary revisions to the proposal to ensure accuracy and compliance with the funding agency.
- Upon completion of the final proposal, a NSU Routing Form, Matching Funds Form (when applicable), and Proposal Assurance will be completed by RASP. The Principal Investigator must sign the routing form and proposal assurance to begin the routing process.
- RASP will complete the routing process. The proposal will be reviewed and the routing form signed by: The Principal Investigator, the Dean or Department Head, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Office of Grants and Contracts, the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Vice President for Administration, and the President.
- RASP is responsible for the submission of the proposal to the funding agency, electronically or via hard copies, whichever is required.
- If requested, a completed, signed copy of the routing form and proposal is sent to the Principal Investigator and the appropriate Dean through campus mail.