HawkReach Counseling Services FAQs

Q: What Counseling Services are offered?
A: Counseling Services consists of up to 12 sessions delivered through a Brief, Solution-Focused modality. While it is often difficult to talk about the problems we are having, from time to time we can all use a little bit of help managing issues in our lives. Making commitment to the process really can make a big difference in our day to day lives.

Q: What are the qualifications of the Counseling Staff?
A: Counseling Services is staffed by Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Counselors Under Supervision for Licensure, and Interns from the Counseling Psychology Masters Degree Program.

Q: Who can benefit from Counseling Services?
A: Any student who is struggling to adjust to campus life, feels depressed or anxious, is suffering from grief or loss, or just needs to talk is encouraged to utilize services. Some issues we commonly address are:

  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Choosing a major and other Classroom issues
  • Adjustment Issues
  • Grief
  • Trauma
  • Relationship problems
  • Dating and sexual violence
  • Pre and Post Deployment and other Veterans Issues
  • Other personal and Mental Health concerns

Q: How do I make an appointment to see a counselor?
A: During regular office hours any student can make an appointment by calling the Office of HawkReach Counseling Services at 918-444-2042. You may speak to a counselor directly to set up an appointment, or just leave your contact information and a counselor will return your call as soon as possible.

Q: Where is HawkReach located?
A: HawkReach is located in at 622 N. Lewis Ave. Leoser 99 on the Tahlequah Campus and on the Broken Arrow Campus at 3100 E. New Orleans St. in the Administration Building.

Directions to Tahlequah Campus HawkReach

Directions to Broken Arrow Campus HawkReach

Q: How much does it cost?
A: Counseling is free to all current students.

Q: What if I need medication?
A: Referrals for medication are available.

Q: What if I need long-term services?
A: We can help you find a resource for long-term care.

Q: What if I need an assessment or class following a DUI?
A: While we do not provide those services, we can provide you with a referral that meets your needs.

Student Affairs HawkReach Student Services. Counseling, Hope, Resources, Education, Awareness