Assistance is tailored to the needs of the individual student. The following documentation is required from each student applying and should consist of one of the following:
- IEP-the most recent version.
- Physician/Licensed professional documentation, on letterhead, which states your diagnosis, how long you have been under care for diagnosed condition, and limitations/restrictions of your diagnosis. Official medical records are not appropriate and will not be accepted to meet our documentation requirement.
- Adult testing results from a licensed psychometrist which states your diagnosis and classroom limitations.
Academic support services offered, based on individual need, include:
- Extended test time
- Distraction reduced testing environment
- Orally proctored exams
- Volunteer note takers
- Tutoring referrals
- Special seating
- Audio texts
- Adaptive equipment which includes software and magnification devices
- Enlarged materials
- Counseling referrals
- Classroom relocation
- Accessibility concerns
An additional modification, related to animals on campus, has been established to assist those in need of such accommodations as well as those in the NSU community. For the specific university policy, please visit the Service & Assistance Animal Policy.
If you have a disability that may be affected by the presence of another's service or emotional support animal, please contact Student Disability Services at 918-444-2042 for the Tahlequah campus and 918-444-6139 for Broken Arrow and Muskogee campuses. NSU is committed to ensuring that the needs of all people with disabilities are met and will determine how to resolve any conflicts or problems as quickly as possible.
Students are responsible for requesting services each semester or at the time a need is identified. Services are free of charge to qualified students.
All students enrolled at Northeastern State University are responsible for obeying all rules and regulations of the Student Conduct Code and the Student Handbook which can be found in the course catalog and the Student Affairs website under Conduct and Development.
- Book Share - an accessible online library
- Guide Dogs - guide dogs and other resources for the blind and visually impaired
- National Association of the Deaf - resources for the deaf and hearing impaired
- The International Dyslexia Association - information and resources for persons with dyslexia
- Learning Ally - resources for students with print disabilities, blindness, visual impairment and dyslexia
- Vision Aware - resources for the visually impaired
- Oklahoma Autism Network - information and resources for the full autism spectrum from diagnosis through adulthood
- Supporting Students with Hearing Impairments - resources for students with hearing disabilities and deafness
Donna Agee, Sr. Coordinator of Disability Services
600 N. Grand Avenue
Tahlequah, OK 74464
Broken Arrow & Muskogee Campus
Kelli Simpson-Lembo, Coordinator Educational Access
Broken Arrow ADA Services
Administration Building, Ste. 130
Broken Arrow, ,OK 74014