Veterans Services Starting Benefits
- Apply for admission to NSU. Air Force members-- you will need to submit your CCAF transcript for processing to
Admissions and Recruitment.
- Complete and submit application for educational benefits through eBenefits http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/. If you have already applied and/or received education benefits you may skip this
step. A new application may be required if you are changing benefit programs.
- Visit the NSU Office of Student Financial Services.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor for assistance with course and degree requirements, scheduling classes, course loads
and dual or consortium enrollment (enrolled at NSU and another school).
- Complete the NSU VA Information Sheet online.
- Submit all supporting documents (see below) to Veterans Services, CASE Building Lower Level 108, firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing to (918) 456-9638.
Supporting Documents for Processing
- Chapter 30 --- Montgomery VA Education Letter
- Chapter 31--- Form 1905 from VA VOC Rehab Counselor
- Chapter 33 --- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) dated within 1 year
- Chapter 35 --- Dependency Letter (DEA Letter) with Veterans File Number
- Chapter 1606 --- Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) from your unit
- Chapter 1607 --- REAP Letter
NOTE: Chapters 30, 1606, and 1607 must verify enrollment monthly (the last day of every month) to the Department of Veteran Affairs in order to receive payment. Call 1-877-823-2378 or visit Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) for more information.