Veterans Services Starting Benefits


Starting Benefits

  • Apply for admission to NSU. Air Force members-- you will need to submit your CCAF transcript for processing to Admissions and Recruitment.

  • Complete and submit application for educational benefits through eBenefits If you have already applied and/or received education benefits you may skip this step. A new application may be required if you are changing benefit programs.

  • Visit the NSU Office of Student Financial Services.

  • Meet with your Academic Advisor for assistance with course and degree requirements, scheduling classes, course loads and dual or consortium enrollment (enrolled at NSU and another school).

  • Complete the NSU VA Information Sheet online.

  • Submit all supporting documents (see below) to Veterans Services, CASE Building Lower Level 108, or by faxing to (918) 456-9638.

Supporting Documents for Processing

  • Chapter 30 --- Montgomery VA Education Letter
  • Chapter 31--- Form 1905 from VA VOC Rehab Counselor
  • Chapter 33 --- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) dated within 1 year
  • Chapter 35 --- Dependency Letter (DEA Letter) with Veterans File Number
  • Chapter 1606 --- Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) from your unit
  • Chapter 1607 --- REAP Letter

NOTE: Chapters 30, 1606, and 1607 must verify enrollment monthly (the last day of every month) to the Department of Veteran Affairs in order to receive payment. Call 1-877-823-2378 or visit Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) for more information.

Helpful links