The Office of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for providing comprehensive and appropriate data and analyses for all levels of reporting, planning, evaluation, program review, accreditation, and assessment. Through data gathering, maintenance, reporting, analysis, and interpretation, IE supports the ability of Departments, Divisions, and Cabinet to make data-informed decisions. The office reports to the Provost.
- Internal reporting such as the NSU Fact Book, Common Data Set, enrollment reports, grade distribution reports, degree completion reports, President's annual report, data for University Relations for press inquiries
- State and federal reporting including Unitized Data System, Remediation Survey, Annual Assessment Report, Annual Policy Report, IPEDS surveys
- Other external reporting such as the Consortium for Student Retention Data Exchange, US News Best Colleges, College Board Survey, National Student Clearinghouse enrollment data
- Providing support for assessment and accreditation activities
- Creation and maintenance of reports in the ARGOS reporting tool
- Maintenance of data and validation tables in the student information system (Banner)