Enrollment Information


View the Course Schedule.

Registering for Classes

You must use goNSU, NSU's online self service system, to register for classes. If you need help using goNSU, see the goNSU student guide (pdf).

Registration Overrides

You must obtain a registration override from the academic department office offering the class before being allowed to enroll in a closed class. Registration overrides for prerequisites must be obtained from the course instructor or academic department office. After receiving an override, you must use goNSU to register in the course.

Short-term Class Enrollment

You must enroll in short-term classes before they begin. Students are encouraged to enroll in short-term classes at the beginning of the semester but will be allowed to enroll in them up to the day before the first class meeting. The refund period for short-term classes is prorated based on the length of the class. It is recommended that students drop short-term classes before they begin in order to ensure a refund will be given. You can drop the short-term courses using your self service menu via goNSU.

Add/Drop Procedure

You can add a class or drop a class by using your self service menu via goNSU. The approved dates for adding and/or dropping are listed in the semester calendar of the class schedule. The student must secure approval of the instructor, department chair and/or college dean, and present it to the Registrar's office in order to add a class after the last day to add has passed.

If you have a hold that is preventing you from dropping a class, contact your academic advisor or the Registrar's Office for assistance. You may also send an email with your NSU ID number and the CRN of the class(es) you want to drop to registrar@nsuok.edu.  This process is not for dropping all classes during a semester at NSU.  Refer to the Withdrawal page for information on a complete withdrawal.

Automatic "W"

If you withdraw from single courses or completely from the university before or during the 12th week, you will be assigned a "W" regardless of your progress in the course. If you withdraw after the 12th week, the instructor may assign a "W" or "F" depending on your standing in the course.

Verification of Enrollment

You may request an enrollment verification through your self service menu at goNSU. Students are frequently required to obtain enrollment verifications for governmental or private agencies. Verifications are often required for student loan deferment, especially of transfer students who have received loans at previous institutions. Insurance companies, the Veterans Administration, or other agencies may require proof of enrollment or grade-point information for other types of eligibility. Many require verification of full-time or half-time status.

If you are an undergraduate or special student, full-time status is defined as 12 or more credits per semester; half-time status is 6-11 credits per semester.

If you are a graduate student, full-time status is defined as 9 or more credits per semester; half-time status is 5-8 credits per semester.

We cannot count audit registration and enrollment in correspondence courses for certification purposes. To obtain a verification, bring your loan deferment form to the Office of the Registrar.

More information about deferments and other exceptions to the definitions of full-time and half-time status is available at the Office of the Registrar.

Office of Registrar Enrollment Photo