University Police and Parking Services
please call 918-444-2468
The Northeastern State University Police Department is staffed by commissioned peace officers that meet the standards of the Oklahoma Council for Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET).
The Northeastern State University Police officers have the power to arrest or issue citations to any person violating the law on University property and we cooperate with local police authorities in the exercise of their responsibilities. Policies and regulations have been developed for the safety and convenience of everyone on the NSU campuses.
The Northeastern State University Police Department is committed to the University and the community.
We strive to provide a safe environment to support the University’s educational mission through a community-oriented policing model.
We will work in partnership with the community to solve problems and proactively address the conditions that give rise to public safety issues such as crime, social disorder, and fear of crime.
We endeavor to be the most professional, service-oriented agency and to work in partnership with the community in support of the University’s educational mission.
To achieve the Mission and Vision statement, Northeastern State University Police Department has established the following five goals.
The plan will be implemented and monitored in conjunction with the Strategic Plan for the University and the comprehensive Campus Master Plan.
- Provide a safe environment for our students and the community through community-oriented policing.
- Attract and develop highly motivated and qualified personnel who will best serve the University community.
- Develop and expand our interagency relationships and community involvement.
- Create and provide quality and effective training to our officers, students and the community.
- Increase the professionalism and leadership of our staff to become the preeminent model for law enforcement in the region.