Develop. Evaluate. Implement.
Career Services supports the mission, academic, and experiential programs and advancement of the institution to promote student learning and student development. Within this context, the primary purpose of Career Services is to assist students and other designated clients in developing, evaluating, and/or implementing career, education, and employment decisions and plans.
The dedicated Career Services staff will help students and other designated clients to:
- Develop self-awareness related to career choice and work performance by identifying, assessing, and understanding their strengths, interests, values and personal characteristics.
- Obtain educational and occupational information to aid their career and educational planning and to develop their understanding of the world of work.
- Select personally suitable academic programs and experiential opportunities that optimize future educational and employment options.
- Take responsibility for developing career decisions, graduate/professional school plans, employment plans, and knowledge of job-search competencies.
- Prepare to find suitable employment by developing job-search skills, effective candidate presentation skills, and an understanding of the correlations between their competencies and both occupational and job requirements.
- Gain experience through student activities, community services, student employment, research projects, cooperative education, internships, job shadowing, and other opportunities.
- Link with alumni, employers, professional organizations, and others who will provide opportunities to develop professional interests and competencies, integrate academic learning with work, and explore future career possibilities.
- Use technology to enhance the career development process.
- Seek a desired employment opportunity or entry into an appropriate educational, graduate, or professional program.
- Prepare to manage their careers after graduation.