P.O. Box 10500
Fairfax, Virginia 22031
Eligibility: Individuals are eligible to be nominated as Gates Millennium Scholars if they are:
• African American, American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian pacific American, or Hispanic citizens/permanent residents of the United States.
• Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
• Have applied to, have been accepted into, or are enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university for the current year at the time of the award; or have applied to or have been accepted into or are enrolled in a graduate degree program in mathematics, science, engineering, education or library science for the current year at the time the nomination is complete.
• Have significant financial need as defined by the Federal needs analysis formula and
• Have demonstrated leadership ability through participation in community service, extracurricular activities or other activities.
Award: The scholarship meets the unmet need (the difference between the cost of tuition, housing, books, etc. and the financial award made by federal financial aid). Applicants must be nominated by someone from their high school, so interested students should visit their high school counselor.
Deadline: February or March (call for exact dates).
BACK TO TOP
TARGET ALL AROUND SCHOLARSHIP
1505 Riverview Rd.
P.O. Box 480
St. Peter, MN 56082-0480
Purpose: To recognize high school students who have shown outstanding leadership ability in community and volunteer service.
Eligibility: High school seniors, high school graduates and current college students who are legal U.S. Residents (age 24 and under) who have a grade point of 2.0 or higher. In addition, applicants must enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study in an accredited two or four year college, university, or vocational technical school. Preference will be given to students who reside in a community where a Target store is located. No employee of Target Corporation is involved in the selection.
NATIONAL JOM ASSOCIATION - CHIEF EARL OLD PERSON SCHOLARSHIP
200 N. Main
Blanding, Utah 84511
Purpose: The National Johnson O'Malley Association is honored to sponsor this Scholarship in the amount of $2,500 to a deserving student. The scholarship will be announced at the Annual NJOMA Conference
in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
1. Must be a member of a federally recognized tribe (copy of CDIB or tribal citizenship card)
2. The National Johnson O'Malley Association Scholarship application completed and submitted by deadline.
3. A one page typed personal statement on your goals and career choice with an emphasis on how the JOM program affected your school achievements.
4. Copy of current official transcript.
5. Tuition billing statement from school attending. Needs to list number of credit hours (full-time/part-time status), semester attending, year in school, and tuition amount, or a letter from your financial aid advisor with the estimated costs.
6. One page "My JOM Success Story" - Tell us how the JOM funding has helped you to have a successful PreK-12 school experience.
Deadline: March 16, 2015