International Student Health Insurance
You will be required to have health insurance even if you are not registered for classes and have an I-20 issued by NSU.
If you return to your home country during the summer break, you will not be required to retain your health insurance.
LewerMark Health Insurance
Starting Fall 2020, NSU will no longer automatically enroll you at the beginning of semester once you are enrolled in classes. You will need to self-enroll on LewerMark's website.
Please check your NSU email for instructions on how to self-enroll.
If you have any questions about purchasing insurance from LewerMark, please contact the Office of International Programs or LewerMark.
Third-Party Health Insurance
- If you decide to use insurance other than LewerMark, you must submit proof of insurance.
- You have to make sure that your selected insurance plan satisfies university requirements.
- Insurance waiver requests are reviewed on a semester-by-semester basis.
- All documentation meeting requirements must be submitted no later than Friday before the semester begins.
Insurance Coverage Requirements:
- Minimum medical coverage of $100,000 (USD)
- Minimum medical evacuation coverage of $50,000 (USD)
- Minimum repatriation of remains coverage of at least $25,000 (USD)
- The insurance documentation is in English.