About TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services is an academic support program designed to increase the academic performance, retention rates and graduation rates of 175 program participants. A grant program fund through the U.S. Department of Education, SSS offers academic advising, financial aid counseling, career major counseling, personal support, one-on-one tutoring, academic support programs, computer training, and social cultural activities.
How Does A Student Qualify for SSS?
- Be enrolled at NSU (Tahlequah campus).
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree);
- Meet an income guideline (determined each year by the U.S. Department of Education);
- Have a documented disability and be registered with Student Disability Services at NSU;
- AND demonstrate academic need.
Meet 1 or more of the following:
To document financial eligibility, students must provide a copy of their federal tax forms.