TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services is an academic support program designed to increase the academic performance, retention rates and graduation rates of 175 program participants. A grant program fund through the U.S. Department of Education, SSS offers academic advising, financial aid counseling, career major counseling, personal support, one-on-one tutoring, academic support programs, computer training, and social cultural activities.
At this time, TRIO Student Support Services' grant program is funded to serve students on the NSU- Tahlequah Campus only.
How Does A Student Qualify for SSS?
- Be enrolled at NSU (Tahlequah campus only).
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
Meet 1 or more of the following:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree);
- Meet an income guideline (determined each year by the U.S. Department of Education);
- Have a documented disability and be registered with Student Disability Services at NSU;
- AND demonstrate academic need.
To document financial eligibility, students must provide a copy of their federal tax forms.
MISSION & VISION STATEMENT
The vision of TRIO Student Support Services is to provide personal and academic support, motivating each participant to strive for academic excellence and strengthening their opportunities for future success.