What Can I Do With A Major In Communication Studies?
The Communication Studies program at Northeastern State University offers the opportunity to specialize in Communication in Relationships, Corporate Communication, Theory and Research or Applied Performance and Delivery.
Along with excellent classroom instruction, our award-winning students have the opportunity to hone their communication skills in a variety of applied settings.
The department also houses the Forensics and Debate program and the Communication Lab.
- Advertising Account Manager
- Communications Professor
- Human Resources Management Adviser
- Human Resources Management Consultant
- Literacy and Remedial Education Teachers
- Personnel Administrator
- Public Relations Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Speech Pathologist
- Speech Writer
- Training and Development Manager
- Training and Development Specialist
- Voice Pathologist
- Authority to Make Decisions
- Conflict Situations
- Contact with Unpleasant People
- Face to Face Communication
- Leading Others
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Social Perceptiveness
- Writing and Authoring