What Can I Do With A Major In Geography?
The study of geography focuses on the location of things in both the physical and human environments.
The discipline seeks to understand the characteristics of places, the processes that produced those characteristics and the interactions among places.
The geography major is a well-rounded, flexible, liberal arts degree and is good preparation for graduate work in geography or related disciplines.
Students may select courses within the geography major to design a more applied program focusing on geographic techniques and career-oriented courses.
- Cartographer and Photogrammetrist
- Environmental Management
- Geography Professor
- Hazardous Waste Management Analyst
- Historic Preservationist
- Landscape Architect
- Mapping Technician
- Outdoor Education Teacher
- Park Naturalist
- Soil Conservation Technician
- Soil Conservationist
- Soil Scientist
- Technical Publications Writer
- Urban and Regional Planner
- Water Pollution Control Inspector
- Decision Making
- Managing Time
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing and Authoring