What is Career Readiness?
The National Association of Colleges and Employers defines career readiness as the attainment and demonstration of requisite competencies that broadly prepare college graduates for a successful transition into the workplace.
Career Services prepares students by promoting skills employers need in the workplace, such as:
- problem solving
- critical thinking
- digital technology
- work ethic
- career management
- global/intercultural fluency
NSU Career Services presents students with approximately six career fairs each year, including our Major Showcase, Part-Time Job Fair, Career Fair and Teacher Job Fair. Additional events include etiquette dinners, workshops led by Career Services staff and/or employer partners, and a variety of other career readiness opportunities.
Become Career Ready
Where to Begin:
- Schedule an appointment with NSU Career Services
- View the Career Plan from Career Services and utilize the checklist it provides
- Join at least one student organization
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Attend Career Services events
- Create a resume or update your existing one
- Find a job shadowing and/or internship opportunity
- Build your network of contacts
- Apply for careers using the techniques you have accumulated throughout your educational journey
- You are now a career-ready individual!