Introductory Leadership Certificate
Fall 2019 Introductory Leadership Certificate Overview
To receive the certificate, all requirements must be met: attend all five workshops, complete one leadership experience and corresponding reflection, and complete a pre- and post- evaluation.
- Attend and participate in five 75-minute leadership workshops, held on Monday evenings from 5:30-6:45 pm:
- Certificate overview & Intro to Individual Values (Oct. 7)
- Consciousness of Self (Oct. 14)
- Congruence (Oct. 21)
- Commitment (Oct. 28)
- Certificate Wrap-up & transition to Intermediate Certificate (Nov. 4)
- Participate in one Leadership Experience during the semester:
- Complete Career readiness Leadership Experience
- Attend a Safe Zone training and submit a reflection
- Attend a leadership conference and submit a reflection (ie, Greek Leaders Retreat, Big Event Conference, etc.)
- Other options may be considered on an individual basis will need approval by the coordinator (Haley Stiles)
- Complete an evaluation prior to the first and after the last workshop to help assess program effectiveness.
Certificates will be awarded at a recognition ceremony in the Spring.
*Excused* absences will be resolved with an alternate assignment.
Haley Stiles, Associate Director of Student Engagement