IRB Member Resources
Orientation for IRB Members
Complete CITI IRB Members training (approximately 9 hours to complete) and submit certification to the IRB Chair within first three months of appointment to board.
- Review the Institutional Review Board Member Handbook (Amdur, 2003, or later edition), available from the IRB Chair or other IRB member.
Orientation for IRB Chair
- Complete the procedural training provided by the current or former NSU IRB chair.
- Complete CITI IRB Chair training (approximately 4 hours to complete) and submit certification within first month of appointment to board.
- Familiarize yourself with the book, Institutional Review Board: Management and Function (Bankert & Amdur, 2006, or later edition). The current or former IRB Chair has a copy.
- Familiarize yourself with the section of the Code of Federal Regulations that pertains to Protection of Human Subjects, 45 CFR 46. Pay special attention to the 2018 Common Rule.
Amdur, R. (2003). Institutional Review Board member handbook. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
Bankert, E. A., & Amdur, R. J. (Eds.). (2006). Institutional Review Board: Management and Function (2nd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.