University Disaster Kit
This list was developed from FEMA's Ready.gov website. Quantities and amounts were adjusted to account for a student living in a resident hall setting.
- Water, 2-3 bottles
- Food, at least a one day supply of non-perishable food
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask
- Moist towelettes for personal sanitation
- Cell phone with chargers
Additional Items to Consider
- Prescription medications and glasses
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in a waterproof, portable container
- Cash or traveler's checks and change
- Emergency reference material such as a first aid book or information from ready.gov
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket
- Complete change of clothing including a long sleeved shirt, long pants and sturdy shoes. Consider additional clothing if you live in a cold-weather climate.
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
For Faculty, staff and students that do not live on campus, view the full lists on the ready.gov website.