Parking Services FAQ

Where can I park?

Commuters can park in any designated commuter parking lot. Look for the green signs that have Commuter Parking Only on them.

Dorm Residents can park in any designated dorm parking lot. Look for the orange signs that have Housing Residence Parking Only on them.

Courtside Apartment Residents can only park in the designated courtside apartment parking lot. Look for the brown and white striped signs with the Family Housing Residence on it.

Faculty/Staff can park in any designated faculty/staff parking lot. Look for the blue signs that have Faculty/Staff Parking Only on them.

Back to Top

Where are the parking lots?

  • Faculty/Staff
  • Commuter
  • Housing
  • Family Housing
  • Visitor

Back to Top

What times can I park in certain lots?

Lot Type 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. After 5 p.m.
Faculty/Staff Faculty/staff permits only (blue) All permits
Commuter Commuter permits only (green) All permits
Dorm Resident Housing permits only (orange) Housing only
Family Housing Family housing (brown stripe) Family housing only
Visitor Visitor only All permits


Broken Arrow and Muskogee Campuses:
Faculty/Staff, students and visitors must park according to their permit type at all times.

Back to Top

Which permit do I need to get?

Employee (blue) – Any faculty, staff, adjunct etc. who work for the university.

Commuter (green) – Any student who does not reside on campus and has to drive to campus.

Housing (orange) – Any student who resides in a dorm on campus.

Family Housing (brown stripe) – Any student who resides in Courtside Apartment.

Motorcycle (white) – Anyone affiliated with the university who rides a motorcycle to campus.

Back to Top

How long will my permit last before it expires?

Each decal has the expiration date printed on them. It is always August 31. If you purchase a permit it is good for that entire school year. Example: Permit is purchased in fall. It will be good for fall, spring, and summer semesters. At the beginning of the next fall semester, a new permit will need to be purchased.

Back to Top

How much will my permit cost?

Student/Faculty/Staff beginning in fall semester will purchase their parking permit at full price. All parking permits expire August 31 of each year. Student/Faculty/Staff who begins in the following semester will purchase their parking permit at a pro-rated price. Fees for parking permits are as stated below. Fees subject to change without notice.

Fall Prices

Faculty/Staff - $25.00 and $5.00 for each additional vehicle
All students - $25.00 each
Motorcycle - $10.00 each

Spring Prices

Faculty/Staff - $12.50 and $5.00 for each additional vehicle
All students - $12.50 each
Motorcycle - $10.00 each

Summer Prices

Faculty/Staff – $10.00 each
All students - $10.00 each
Motorcycle - $10.00 each

Back to Top

Where can I buy my permit?

At the Tahlequah campus, Parking Services Office located in the University Center Lower Level during office hours, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekdays.

At Broken Arrow Campus and Muskogee Campus Business Offices. Broken Arrow office hours are Mondays through Thursdays, 8:30 am until 5:30 pm and Fridays from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm. Muskogee Campus office hours are weekdays, 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.

Back to Top

What payment options are there?

Charges will be applied to your bursars account. Please Allow adequate time for charges posted on your bursar account before paying on your account.

Back to Top

Why do I need a permit and why do I need to park accordingly?

Displaying a current parking permit gives University Police and Parking Services visual indications that there is a legitimate reason for that vehicle to park on campus.

To facilitate the safe and orderly conduct of business and to allocate the limited parking spaces available on campus.

Back to Top

What are Parking Services hours and contact information?

Parking Services is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. till 5 p.m. We are currently located in the University Center lower level. Our phone number is 918-444-2444 or x2444 on campus.

Back to Top

I live in the dorms and have a housing permit. Do I need a commuter permit for my class in Muskogee or Broken Arrow?

Any current permit will be honored on either of the Muskogee and Broken Arrow campuses.

Back to Top

I need to drive a different vehicle for the day, what should I do?

You can peel your permit off your windshield and place it on the windshield of the vehicle you will be driving.

Back to Top

I'm going to sell my car and I have a permit in it, what should I do?

Once you sell it, be sure to peel your permit off the windshield. You will be able to place it on your new vehicle. Then, simply fill out a new form with that vehicles information and we will update it in our system.

Back to Top

What do I do if I have an injury and can not walk as far?

Minor injuries that will last less than two weeks you can get a temporary parking permit that will allow you to park in designated parking spaces in all lots. This does not allow you to park in short term loading zones, fire lanes, and handicapped spaces. 

Major injuries that will last more than two weeks will require you to obtain a temporary handicapped hangtag which is only valid the NSU campuses. Fill out the temporary handicap application and submit it to University Police. Medical documentation must be provided.

Back to Top