Reporting Campus Crime and Emergencies

Crime victims and witnesses to a crime are encouraged to promptly report incidents to the University Police or other appropriate police agencies. To report a crime, the victim or witness needs only to call the police phone number and a police officer will meet them to gather information. An official report will be made with copies available to the victim after a completed investigation.

Crimes in Progress

To report a crime in progress, a person, victim or witness can dial extension 2468 from a campus phone or 918-458-2111 if off campus or using a cell phone. Dial 911 if you cannot remember the campus phone numbers. The Cherokee County 9-1-1 operator will transfer your call to the appropriate agency.

Any reporting method will stimulate the response of police, fire, ambulance or other first responders. In addition, the victim of a serious crime can request support personnel, such as ministers and rape crisis or domestic violence counselors, during or after reporting the incident.

Prompt reporting of criminal activity to the police enables a quick response, timely warnings and it makes the campus safer for everyone.

1. Call the Police:

  • 918-458-2111
  • extension 2468 from a campus phone
  • 9-1-1 for emergencies

2. Obtain a Description:

  • Attempt to obtain a description of the offender, including gender, age, race, hair, clothing and distinguishable features.
  • Attempt to obtain a description and license number of any vehicle involved.
  • Note the direction of travel of any offender or vehicle.

3. Preserve the Crime Scene:

  • Do not touch any items involved in the incident.
  • If you are a sexual assault victim. Do not bathe, douche, use the toilet or change clothing. If you have been raped, you should seek medical treatment immediately, regardless of whether you report the matter to the police.