Behavioral Intervention Team
The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) is a resource for faculty, staff, and students to confidentially report concerns.
The team's purpose is to provide support and intervention to individuals displaying
varying levels of disruptive, disturbed, distressed, and/or irregular behaviors.
Sheila Self, LPC, Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs
Josh Rader, Coordinator of Student Rights And Responsibilities
Captain James Bell, Interim Chief of University Police
Whitney Arbaugh, Compliance Coordinator, Title IX
Jessica Farquhar, Coordinator Student Services
Elizabeth Mai,Student Advocate, HawkReach Student Services
Renee Wilson, LPC, HawkReach Student Services
Troy Shatwell, University Police
Back to Top
When in Doubt — Report!
It may be nothing, but... If it bothers you... please bother us! Remember, everyone has a responsibility to report concerning issues. YOU can be the person who makes a difference in the lives of OUR community members. You could help save a life!
In case of emergency, please call 911 or University Police at 918-444-2468 or ext.
Behavioral Concerns Report
Appropriate behaviors to report may include
- Concerning behaviors, statements, or written work
- Disruptive classroom behaviors
- Threats of harm to self or others
- Possession or suspected possession of weapons
- Angry/hostile behaviors
- Concerning posts on Facebook
- Odd or bizarre behavior
- Homelessness, or lack of necessities
Some Tips for Workplace Safety
- Be aware of your surroundings and know the emergency exit routes.
- Stay calm when dealing with potentially dangerous or angry individuals.
- Don't raise your voice or get aggravated.
- Don't meet with angry or hostile individuals alone and don't close the door.
- Help the individuals to the best of your abilities; if you can't help them, contact someone who can.
- Don't talk at the students; talk to them and genuinely try to help them.
- Call Campus Police if there is possession or suspected possession of weapons or drug/alcohol use.
- Contact your supervisor/Campus Police when dealing with angry/hostile, bizarre, or concerning behaviors or threats.
- Utilize your resources; we will be happy to meet with you and a student if you would like a third party present.
- I will always put safety first
- I will practice safe behaviors in everything I do
- I will know and follow safety policies and procedures and be mindful of potentially dangerous situations
- I will identify, correct, and/or immediately report safety concerns
- I will provide appropriate recourses for students, faculty, and staff to promote safety and awareness