Brad Henry Scholarship
Graduate Assistant & Study Abroad Coordinator
The Brad Henry International Scholarship provides one undergraduate NSU student with the opportunity to study abroad in Swansea, Wales for a full semester.
The scholarship provides funding for tuition, fees and accommodation. Students can choose either the Fall or Spring Semester.
Please contact the Study Abroad Coordinator for the application for designation as a Brad Henry International Scholar and participation in the Semester of Study Abroad (OSRHE Brad Henry International Application).
The selected student will be announced by the Office of International Programs in conjunction with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE).
|Brad Henry Scholarship|
At the time of nomination and participation:
|Country||Wales (The United Kingdom)|
|Language (course taught by)||English|
|Duration||Fall semester (Aug-Dec) OR Spring semester (Jan-May) dependent on student preference|
|Spring 2023 Costs||
The scholarship pays for tuition, fees and accommodation.
Food, textbooks, airfare, passports and any other expenses are the student's responsibility; however, the OSRHE provides each student a $1,500 stipend to help with these expenses.
|Application Deadline||Key Dates
Submit OSRHE BHIS Application and Required Attachments
Checklist for required documents:
- OSRHE BHIS Application: Program introduction, applicant qualifications, and required attachments are included in the Brad Henry International Scholar and Participation in the Semester of Study Abroad (OSRHE BHIS) Application. The OSRHE BHIS Application is updated once a year. A valid OSRHE BHIS Application is attached in promotion emails. Promotion emails for Brad Henry International Scholarship are sent from the Office of International Programs to all NSU students once a week from January to mid February.
- An official transcript of all college or university work: NSU provides the Official Transcript Request online. Current students may request a transcript through their self service menu via goNSU > Students > Requests and Forms > Official Transcript Request. You may select ONE of the delivery options as a college or department within NSU (Internal College) - Study Abroad Coordinator, Office of International Programs. If your official NSU transcript includes transferred credits, you will need to submit the official transcript of the former institution along with the official NSU transcript.
- A typewritten essay of approximately 300 words
- Two letters of recommendation: The recommendation letter must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the professor/academic references signature across the seal of the envelope.
Required documents can be submitted by any of the following way:
- In person: Drop off required documents at the Office of International Programs, John Vaughan Library, Room 121, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK 74464
- By email: Email to the Study Abroad Coordinator (Official Transcript and Recommendation Letters do NOT apply)
- By mail: Mail to Study Abroad Coordinator, Office of International Programs, John Vaughan Library, Room 121, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK 74464
The application and all required documents must be received by the Study Abroad Coordinator before the deadline.You will receive a confirmation email regarding your application status after the deadline before the NSU Swansea Committee review.
NSU Swansea Committee Interview
- The NSU Swansea Committee members will meet together to grade all received application materials.
- You will receive an email regarding your application status after the NSU Swansea Committee grade all received application materials.
- Several top ranking students will be selected to have an interview with NSU Swansea Committee members.
- Interviewees will not receive an email regarding application status until the OSRHE accepts NSU's nomination.
Nomination - One Candidate and One Alternate
- The NSU Swansea Committee will nominate a candidate and an alternate and recommend them to the NSU President.
- The NSU President will officially nominate the candidate and the alternate to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE).
- OSRHE will send a MEMO to the NSU President accepting NSU's student nomination.
- The Study Abroad Coordinator will notify the candidate, the alternate, and all interviewees of the Brad Henry Scholarship acceptance.
Application to Swansea University
The Study Abroad Coordinator will assist the candidate through the application process when applying for Swansea University.
The Office of International Programs holds a Pre-Departure Orientation for students who participate in ISEP programs. The candidate and the alternate are welcome to join the orientation. Pre-Departure orientation is scheduled at the end of the semester before students leave. A pre-departure orientation packet is provided to students and includes the Agenda, Study Abroad Do's and Don ts, Academic Matters, Safety Tips, Contact List, and Culture Shock. NSU Police Department, Bursar Office and Registrar Office may give presentations.
The Study Abroad Coordinator will email you to confirm your safe arrival after in the host country.
Contact Information Abroad: Once you settle in, please remember to let us know your Contact Information Abroad!
Share with Us NSU Study Abroad Facebook Post
Would you like to share your experiences and thoughts abroad?
Meet with the Study Abroad Coordinator if needed.
Study Abroad Scholarship
Students can apply for a Study Abroad Grant to help with study abroad expenses.