Brad Henry Scholarship
The Brad Henry International Scholarship provides one undergraduate NSU student with the opportunity to study abroad in Swansea, Wales for a full semester. The scholarship provides funding for tuition, lodging, and flight. Students can choose either the Fall or Spring Semester.
The Application for designation as a Brad Henry International Scholar and participation in the Semester of Study Abroad (OSRHE Brad Henry International Application) is distributed via firstname.lastname@example.org to all students at the beginning of Spring Semester. Open application lasts for 4-6 weeks and ends during the middle of February.
The selected student will be announced by the Office of International Programs in conjunction with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE).
After checking our Study Abroad Program Summary form, did you find out Brad Henry Scholarship suits you the best?
Following our Step-By-Step Guide, you will get through the process easily!
|Brad Henry Scholarship|
|Eligibility||See requirements below:|
At the time of nomination and participation:
|Country||Wales (The United Kingdom)|
|Language (course taught by)||English|
|Duration||Fall semester (Aug-Dec) OR Spring semester (Jan-May) dependent on student preference|
|Cost(Flight, housing, meal)||
|Financial Help||Brad Henry Scholarship will cover tuition, lodging and flight costs.|
Passport (Ready by May 13)
Visa (do not need if stay in UK is less than 6 months)
Fall Semester - Open application until February 20, Nomination by March 15, completed Swansea University Admission Form for Exchange and Visiting Students by May 13
Spring Semester - Nomination by October 14, completed Admission Form for Exchange and Visiting Students by October 28
Submit OSRHE BHIS Application and Required Attachments
What to submit:
Checklist for required documents:
- OSRHE BHIS Application: Program introduction, applicant qualifications, and required attachments are included in the Brad Henry International Scholar and Participation in the Semester of Study Abroad (OSRHE BHIS) Application. The OSRHE BHIS Application is updated once a year. A valid OSRHE BHIS Application is attached in promotion emails. Promotion emails for Brad Henry International Scholarship are sent from the Office of International Programs to all NSU students once a week from January to mid February.
- An official transcript of all college or university work: NSU provides the Official Transcript Request online. Current students may request a transcript through their self service menu via goNSU > Students > Requests and Forms > Official Transcript Request. You may select ONE of the delivery options as a college or department within NSU (Internal College) - Study Abroad Coordinator, Office of International Programs. If your official NSU transcript includes transferred credits, you will need to submit the official transcript of the former institution along with the official NSU transcript.
- A typewritten essay of approximately 300 words
- Two letters of recommendation
- The recommendation letter must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the professor/academic references signature across the seal of the envelope.
How to submit:
Required documents can be submitted by any of the following way:
- In person: Drop off required documents at the Office of International Programs, John Vaughan Library, Room 121, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK 74464
- By email: Email to the Study Abroad Coordinator (Official Transcript and Recommendation Letters do NOT apply)
- By mail: Mail to Study Abroad Coordinator, Office of International Programs, John Vaughan Library, Room 121, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK 74464
When to submit: The application and all required documents must be received by the Study Abroad Coordinator
before the deadline.
After the submission: You will receive a confirmation email regarding your application status after the deadline before the NSU Swansea Committee review.
NSU Swansea Committee Interview
- The NSU Swansea Committee members will meet together to grade all received application materials.
- You will receive an email regarding your application status after the NSU Swansea Committee grade all received application materials.
- Several top ranking students will be selected to have an interview with NSU Swansea Committee members.
- Interviewees will not receive an email regarding application status until the OSRHE accept NSU's nomination.
Nomination - One Candidate and One Alternate
- The NSU Swansea Committee will nominate a candidate and an alternate and recommend them to the NSU President.
- The NSU President will officially nominate the candidate and the alternate to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE).
- OSRHE will send a MEMO to the NSU President accepting NSU's student nomination.
- The Study Abroad Coordinator will notify the candidate, the alternate, and all interviewees of the Brad Henry Scholarship acceptance.
Application to Swansea University
The Study Abroad Coordinator will assist the candidate through the application process when applying for Swansea University.
The Office of International Programs holds a Pre-Departure Orientation for students who participate in ISEP programs. The candidate and the alternate are welcome to join the orientation. Pre-Departure orientation is scheduled at the end of the semester before students leave. A pre-departure orientation packet is provided to students and includes the Agenda, Study Abroad Do's and Don ts, Academic Matters, Safety Tips, Contact List, and Culture Shock. NSU Police Department, Bursar Office and Registrar Office may give presentations.
The Study Abroad Coordinator will email you to confirm your safe arrival after in the host country.
Contact Information Abroad
Once you settle in, please remember to let us know your Contact Information Abroad!
Share with Us NSU Study Abroad Facebook Post
Would you like to share your experiences and thoughts abroad?
Meet with the Study Abroad Coordinator if needed.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Students can apply for a Study Abroad Grant and the Betz Scholarship to help with study abroad expenses.