FAQ About Covid19

No, vaccines are not required, however, vaccines are strongly recommended.  Please refer to the RiverHawk Response: Student Guide to COVID-19 for information about obtaining a vaccine.

Yes, you do need to report quarantine requirements and positive COVID test results, and to do so, please use the Report a Concern linkAlong with the Report a Concern form, you need to upload documentation of your positive test and complete the Release of Information form that will be emailed to your NSU email address from Incident Response. 

Also, if you submit a quarantine report, but then test positive for COVID-19, please submit an additional report.

Please consult your healthcare provider and CDC guidelines.  At the time of this email, the CDC recommends the following
"Quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, unless you have been fully vaccinated. People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative."
Additional information can be found Click Here

Please consult your healthcare provider and CDC guidelines to determine when you may return to campus. 
Additional information can be found Click Here.

Yes.  While Student Affairs will provide notification to faculty once it receives a report (along with documentation of test results and release of information form for positive tests), it is up to you, the student, to reach out to your faculty and make arrangements for missed classes and missed work.

Yes.  Absences and incomplete work, for any reason, may impact your grade in a course.  Notification from Student Affairs does not mean that you do not have to complete course requirements according to the syllabus and in accordance with arrangements you make with your faculty.    

No.  You should follow the instructions provided to you by your healthcare provider, the health department, and/or the CDC. 
Additional information can be found Click Here.

Please contact Student Affairs: studentaffairs@nsuok.edu; 918-444-2120, or the student guide: RiverHawk Response: Student Guide to COVID-19.