Welcome to Testing Services
Hours of Operation:
Our office is open Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, appointments are only available between 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM. We are closed on weekends and any day the university campus is closed. As a rule, a minimum of 24 hours is required for scheduling of tests. However, during peak times (e.g. Midterms, Finals, Enrollment) availability may be limited and require additional notice. While every effort is made to accommodate testers, scheduling is always subject to staffing and capacity constraints.
701 N. Grand Ave, Tahlequah, OK 74464. We are in the CASE (Center for Admissions and Student Enrollment) building.
Testing Services at Northeastern State University offers convenient, fast and secure online registration for the exams listed. Select “Schedule an Exam” and select a time convenient for you to test. You will receive an email confirmation with appointment time and location.
Click on the “Pay Online” button to pay online with a credit or debit card. All online payments are final and no refunds will be given. You will receive an emailed receipt for your records.
NSU Testing Lab Policies:
- Photo ID is required for all testing. If you do not have a photo ID you will not be allowed to test. Expired ID's are not acceptable.
- Only exam candidates are allowed into the testing room.
- Testing staff cannot watch unattended children. Make childcare arrangements prior to arriving for your testing appointment.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the testing lab.
- Once a test is issued it must be completed in one sitting.
- Videotaping of exam administrations is conducted.
- Acts of dishonesty are subject to disciplinary actions and will be reported.
- If you smoke or wear excessive perfume or cologne or exhibit any strong-smelling odors on the day of your exam you may be asked to reschedule your exam. These odors may be disruptive to other examinees and those with allergies.
- Hats and any other headgear. Religious headgear will be inspected by proctor before the candidate is permitted to enter the test room.
- Cell phones
- Cameras or recording devices
- Wireless communication devices of any kind
- Listening devices (radios, headphones, recorders)
- Calculators (prohibited for CPT exams)
- Notes or books
- Food or beverages
Personal belongings must be left in the lockers provided. Locker space is limited so plan accordingly when bringing items to the testing lab.
The Northeastern State University Office of Testing Services offers assistance in taking exams in a number of areas.
- Residual ACT - Measures academic readiness and is used for admission to NSU (undergraduate)
- Advanced Standing/Departmental Exams - Awards credit for knowledge or skill acquired outside of the classroom.
- CLEP - College Level Examination Program offers the opportunity to earn college credit by exam.
- Placement Exams - Freshman level placement exams in Math, Reading and English
- Proficiency - Allows students to meet University computer and English proficiency
* The MCAT will no longer be offered at Northeastern State University. To sign up for an exam please visit: https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/taking-mcat-exam/register-mcat-exam/
The following locations are the closest Prometric testing facilities:
Tulsa – 3015 East Skelly Drive, Ste 254, 74105
Stillwater – OK St. Univ, CBT Test Ctr, 1524 W. Admiral, 74078
Fort Smith AR – 2409 South 56th street, 72903
When university classes have been cancelled due to weather, Testing Services will be closed as well. Students with appointments during the canceled day will be given the opportunity to make new appointments.
*Please note: All testing fees are NONREFUNDABLE*
**Testing fees increased July 1, 2016**
**Residual ACT fees increased July 1, 2018**
701 N. Grand Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464