Veterans Services Benefit Programs

Benefit Programs

Learn which education benefit is best for you. For more information on these and other programs visit the Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill®.

Chapter 30 - If you served active duty in the military and elected to receive GI Bill® benefits, you may qualify for benefits under this chapter.

Chapter 31 - If you have more than a 10 percent VA-rated disability as a result of serving in the armed forces, you may qualify for this chapter, also known as Veteran Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E).

Chapter 33 - The Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.

Yellow Ribbon Program - NSU is pleased to announce participation in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program), a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program is designed to help students with Out Of State Residency Costs. To be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program, an individual must be entitled to the maximum Post 9/11 benefit. For more information visit the GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program Information webpage.

Chapter 35 - These benefits are available to eligible dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally 100% disabled due to a service-related condition, or who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.

Chapter 1606 - If you have signed a contract to serve in the active reserves for six years or longer, you may be entitled to receive benefits under this chapter. Please speak with your Educational Services Officers (ESO) with your unit for more information. (formerly -ArmyIgnitED is the virtual gateway for Soldiers serving in the Reserves or on active duty to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online for classroom, distance learning, and eArmyU online courses. The Army Tuition Assistance Authorization Form must be submitted to the NSU Veterans Services Office for processing to receive this benefit. (

Oklahoma Air and Army National Guard State Tuition Waiver-Authorization for this benefit is submitted to the NSU Scholarship Office by the Oklahoma Education Service Office.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at gov/gibill