Housing & Residence Life
Welcome to On-Campus Living!
The transition to college life is significant, but Housing & Residence Life is geared to make college convenient, affordable, and comfortable for any type of student. Housing & Residence Life wants students to enjoy the safety of campus living, caring staff, easy access to dining, and a quality of living not found off-campus. With the numerous amenities and access to dozens of on-campus resources, explore the options NSU has for you!
Spring Campus Move-in Procedures:
- Please log into your housing portal to view specifics for your move in.
- Please review our COVID-19 specific Procedures and Guidelines. You will need to log into your housing portal and confirm that you have read these prior to moving in.
Below are move in procedures and policies that must be followed during your move in process. Failure to follow all procedures, policies and move in instructions will result in a delay in moving in at your scheduled date/time.
- Each resident may only bring two (2) move in helpers to assist with their move in.
- Move in helpers must leave the buildings as soon as all items are moved to the room/suite.
- Residents and move in helpers must wear face coverings (masks) during the move in process.
- Label all items with your name, hall and room number.
- Please bring any carts or dollies needed for your move in process with you. There will not be equipment available at the buildings.
- Move In volunteers will not be available this year to carry items to your room due to the need for social distancing and limiting person-to-person contact. All items must be brought to your room by you and your helpers.
- Make sure you follow the traffic and parking maps for Move In Day
- You may only bring a maximum of two (2) vehicles with you to move in.
- It is recommended that you bring only one vehicle and items that can be unloaded and moved to your room in two or less trips.
- Drivers must remain in the car at all times while in the check in lines and unloading zone.
- It is recommended that you only bring essential items with you on move in day in order to ensure a quick move in process.
- Additional items can be bought at a later date, shipped to you, or purchased.
- Each resident must self screen for COVID-19 symptoms (fever, dry cough, muscle aches,
headache, fatigue, loss of taste, etc.) at home before traveling to campus.
- If symptoms are present, or you have knowingly been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, contact the Housing and Residence Life office for information about when you can check in.
- Each resident will be asked if they have COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms, or have knowingly been in contact with a person with COVID-19 ( in the last 14 days ) upon their arrival to campus. If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will be pulled aside and given instructions
- Social Distancing
- Keep 6 feet of distance between you and all movers at all times
- Only you and your movers can occupy an elevator at time
- Keep your face masks or face coverings on while in the building. They are required.
- Wash your hands as needed.
Current Residents NOTICE:
- At this time all guest privileges are limited
- Please report if you have or develop any of the symptoms outlined for COVID19 immediately
as defined by the WHO.
- University Protocol for residential students who become ill are: to contact your health provider and Housing and Residence Life, and make arrangements to immediately move to a safe/secure off campus location (likely home).
- To prepare for a potential illness or University Shutdown, please make arrangements now for alternative housing should the need arise.
Housing and Residence Life Amenities